My last blog post was about my lack of productivity. But I had a thought earlier today about this and realised that my summer has been quite product actually. Yes it's true that I've become less productive with this blog and YouTube, but I've completed a lot of projects outside of this
🙋🏻♂️ Hi all!
My last blog post was about my lack of productivity. But I had a thought earlier today about this and realised that my summer has been quite productive actually. Yes it's true that I've become less productive with this blog and YouTube, but I've completed a lot of projects outside of this. Here are just a few:
- I renovated my kitchen (see the before and after shots below). It's something I've wanted to do since we moved in 7 years ago and after many hours of going through pinterest, I decided to do my own paint job during a week off from work this summer. Let me know what you think!
- I partly completed our living room makeover. I say partly because we're still waiting on new sofas to arrive, and it was more furniture change than paint job.
- I cleared out and reorganised my garden shed. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it was just filled with junk. Now everything has it's own place.
- I saved us over £400 per annum by just switching companies on things like energy companies, phone tarriffs, home insurance provider etc.
- I've started playing golf again. You might not know this about me, but I had an ACL knee injury back in 2012 that was misdiagnosed, and was sent to have physio rather than surgery. I've had issues with it since the initial injury, and it's prevented me from doing any sports. I've grown up playing football (soccer), cricket, and tennis. So not playing any sports has been a big struggle for me, both physically and mentally. I started playing golf just before the injury, and never picked it up until this summer. And i've fallen deeply in love with it! So much so that i've invested in lessons with a professional. I play off a 23 handicap unofficially, and my goal for the end of next year is to get this down to 10! For those of you know golf, you know that won't be easy!
All in all, i'm happy with what i've managed to achieve this summer, especially as it's been the busiest period at work at the same time. Hopefully I can pick things back up with the blog, YouTube, and Skillshare.
🤓 Things Of Interest
Talking of Skillshare, I thought it might be of interest to know that I've made around $600 dollars from my two Skillshare classes since the first one was launched just less than a year ago. I think that's amazing! These were just pet projects of mine that I challenged myself with during the first lockdown. And it took me some time to actually record these because it was a new process for me. But I enjoyed it, and so did the students who watched them. So I'm going to try and dedicate more effort on creating more in depth classes, so watch this space.
🧐 Musing Of The Month
So this is an old post on moonwalking that cropped up on my Reddit feed recently. She makes it look so easy, yet I can't do it!
😀 Enjoying This?
If you want to support the blog and newsletter, the best way to do that would be by visiting this page. I'm grateful for any contribution, however small or large.
You can also help the Monthly Misc by sending anything interesting you come across to me. Just email me at [email protected].
Until the next one,